What is the best sunscreen for sensitive skin

“Best sunscreen” is really subjective with sensitive skin since different people react to different ingredients and textures. Mineral sunscreens can work really well for some people, especially if they sting easily, but chemical sunscreens aren’t automatically the devil either.
A lot of modern fragrance-free chemical formulas are very well tolerated by sensitive skin.

I’d focus more on finding something fragrance-free, comfortable to wear, and easy to use consistently rather than getting too caught up in mineral vs chemical debates. Sometimes it takes a little trial and error because sensitive skin isn’t the same for everyone.


For the face, I loved La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen SPF 40, it has mineral UV filters and comes in non-tinted or tinted in a few shades.

One chemical option that has worked particularly well for me when I had super sensitive skin from the retinization process is: Bondi Sands fragrance-free SPF 50. It is also a good price and can be used on the body or face.
 
Last edited:
For sensitive skin you'd want to look for mineral ingredients (zinc oxide and titanium oxide) these two ingredients are gentle on sensitive skin and are less likely to cause irritation. I personally used La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Sunscreen, it's lightweight, absorbs very quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling too greasy.
 
Hi guys. What is the best sunscreen for sensitive skin? Please share your thoughts and experiences

Cheers :)
Everyone hypes up mineral sunscreens for sensitive skin, but I just cannot deal with the white cast. I def recommend Bondi Sands sunscreen.it's chemical and I use it for face and body; it never irritates my very sensitive skin. It's also nongreasy, fragrance-free, and water-resistant. As a bonus, it's also very affordable.
 
Back
Top