Hey everyone, I’m new to retinol and looking for recommendations!

Sebastian

New member
I’ve been hearing a lot about retinol and its benefits, but I’m a bit confused on where to start. My skin is on the sensitive dry side, so I’m looking for something gentle but still effective. What retinol serums did you start with when you were new to it? Any tips for beginners would be amazing too!


Appreciate your help! 🥰
 
Hi Sebastian, welcome to the retinol club ☺️
It actually depends on what you get out of using retinol, but you can start by trying some tried-and-true low-dose OTC options. These usually have milder side effects. Most derms advise starting every other night, then slowly over a few weeks, upgrading to daily.
Popular picks (with a lot of R&D behind them) include:
Kiehl's Retinol Skin Renewing Daily Micro Dose, Cerave Resurfacing Retinol Serum, Neutrogena Retinol Moisturizer

We also have a blog post that dives deeper into derm recommended retinols

We'd love to hear how things go for you. Please don’t hesitate to update us along the way. Your experience could really help others in the community.
 
Back
Top