Best Cookware Set, Expert Advice to Choose

TurGi

New member
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for advice on choosing best cookware set. I’ve been using the same basic non-stick cookware for the past 5–7 years, and I feel like it’s time to upgrade.

Recently, I visited a friend who was using stainless steel cookware, and I was really impressed. She cooked lamb in it, and it turned out seriously delicious. That made me start considering stainless steel, but I’m open to expert suggestions.

My budget is up to around $900 USD. I’d prefer something durable, healthy/safe for everyday cooking, and available in multiple sizes—smaller pots and pans for cooking when I’m alone, and larger ones for guests or family meals.

What cookware sets or brands would you recommend? Also, are there any materials or brands I should avoid?

Thanks in advance!
 
Hi there,

I had been using nonstick (teflon to be specific) for many years, and each time I would buy a new pan/pot because the previous one got scratched.

This changed when I bought my first stainless steel set. It was the best cookware set I've ever bought. I personally love the Zwilling brand, so I bought their stainless steel set. It came with 3 pot sizes, a skillet, and a sauce pan. It is perfect for everyday cooking needs.

But the brand doesn’t matter so much, what matters most is the construction and material.


1. You wanna look for stainless steel cookware with a multi-ply base (usually 3-ply base), and what this means is that there is a layer of stainless steel, a layer of aluminium, and another layer of stainless. So, the aluminium doesn’t come in contact with the food, but it helps with better heat distribution.
2. You wanna make sure that the stainless steel is marked 18/10. It is rust-resistant, durable and shiny.


The rest is really up to individual taste and cooking preferences, in terms of design sizes, pots vs pans, etc.

I think we have all been sold on teflon as being THE best choice, easy to clean, food doesn't stick, but that is not true.
If you use stainless correctly, it is not hard to maintain at all. I recommend reading the usage guide that comes with the set thoroughly and trying to follow the instructions as much as possible.

I don’t think nonstick is worth it financially, or for your health long-term. It is best to invest in a high-quality cookware set that will serve you decades, literally.

I am really glad you brought up this discussion!




Here are some high-quality cooking sets well within your budget:
1. Made In cookware 10-piece set: This one includes 4 pots and 2 skillets. It costs 799$
2. Zwilling Simplify (this one doesn't include a skillet though, you'll have to buy it seperately). It costs 359$.
3. Zwilling 5-piece pot set: (It doesn’t include a pan either but it's very budget-friendly. It costs 266$
4. Misen 5-ply stainless steel pan: This is a very high quality pan to complement the sets which don't include one. It costs 69$ to 109$, depending on the size you choose.
 
Last edited:
I would recommend Hestan cookware. The product is durable cooks food very even due to the structure of the stainless steel.
You can purchase a set of pots and pans and then slowly add as you need for different sizes.
Their bakeware is phenomenal even cooking for cakes, desserts, just about anything you could e imagine. Yes the pots and baking sheets are heavier than most peop Are use to using but that is what will make the transformation in your cooking from great to superb. I’m not dissing other brands or anyone’s ability to prepare, serve or sell great food but this brand of cookware is phenomenal. Big change in my kitchen with cooking times, taste and very easy cleaning.
Multiple options are available on Amazon or high end cooking store where they may be more expensive.
This is the link to the full set on the Amazon:
 
Hi there,

I had been using nonstick (teflon to be specific) for many years, and each time I would buy a new pan/pot because the previous one got scratched.

This changed when I bought my first stainless steel set. It was the best cookware set I've ever bought. I personally love the Zwilling brand, so I bought their stainless steel set. It came with 3 pot sizes, a skillet, and a sauce pan. It is perfect for everyday cooking needs.

But the brand doesn’t matter so much, what matters most is the construction and material.

1. You wanna look for stainless steel cookware with a multi-ply base (usually 3-ply base), and what this means is that there is a layer of stainless steel, a layer of aluminium, and another layer of stainless. So, the aluminium doesn’t come in contact with the food, but it helps with better heat distribution.
2. You wanna make sure that the stainless steel is marked 18/10. It is rust-resistant, durable and shiny.


The rest is really up to individual taste and cooking preferences, in terms of design sizes, pots vs pans, etc.

I think we have all been sold on teflon as being THE best choice, easy to clean, food doesn't stick, but that is not true.
If you use stainless correctly, it is not hard to maintain at all. I recommend reading the usage guide that comes with the set thoroughly and trying to follow the instructions as much as possible.

I don’t think nonstick is worth it financially, or for your health long-term. It is best to invest in a high-quality cookware set that will serve you decades, literally.

I am really glad you brought up this discussion!




Here are some high-quality cooking sets well within your budget:
1. Made In cookware 10-piece set: This one includes 4 pots and 2 skillets. It costs 799$
2. Zwilling Simplify (this one doesn't include a skillet though, you'll have to buy it seperately). It costs 359$.
3. Zwilling 5-piece pot set: (It doesn’t include a pan either but it's very budget-friendly. It costs 266$
4. Misen 5-ply stainless steel pan: This is a very high quality pan to complement the sets which don't include one. It costs 69$ to 109$, depending on the size you choose.

Hi! I am looking for a new cookware for just myself. I’m not sure if I should buy a full set or just get a few pieces separately.

What pieces do you think I should get? (the most essential ones I'd use for everyday cooking).

I want to keep it simple and not buy things I won’t use tbh. Let me know what you recommend for a single person.

Thanks 😊
 
This is my Zwilling Quadro stainless steel set (it's under 300$ on Amazon). It has 4 sizes of pots and a sauce pan.
It covers most types of cooking, but you will need a pan for cooking eggs, pancakes and maybe stir-frys.


Zwilling cookware set .jpg


➜ ➜ This is the link to the Zwilling stainless steel set
 
Last edited:
How do you clean them — by hand or in the dishwasher?

Do they stain easily?

Do the handles get hot, or are they safe to hold?
 
This is my Zwilling Quadro stainless steel set (it's under 300$ on Amazon). It has 4 sizes of pots and a sauce pan.
It covers most types of cooking, but you will need a pan for cooking eggs, pancakes and maybe stir-frys.


View attachment 1866

➜ ➜ This is the link to the Zwilling stainless steel set
How do you clean them — by hand or in the dishwasher?

Do they stain easily?

Do the handles get hot, or are they safe to hold?
 
How do you clean them — by hand or in the dishwasher?

Do they stain easily?

Do the handles get hot, or are they safe to hold?
They can be cleaned either way, although the booklet that came with it recommends handwashing for better longevity.
They don't stain easily. They form this heat tint or what some people call 'rainbow staining'. It does'nt affect cooking, but if you can remove it easily with white vinaigre.

The handles do get hot - not as hot as the pot itself, they have some level of insulation - but I find it's better to plan on using pot holders anyway.
 
This is what I mean by heat tint/rainbow staining:👇

IMG_5173.jpg


It's easily fixed with white vinaigre, or a dedicated stainless steel product.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top